The Spinnaker continuous delivery platform has been widely popular among Enterprises, choosing to automate the end-to-end continuous delivery process.
Enterprises consider Spinnaker for the following reasons:
- Migrating from monolithic to the microservices architecture
- Migration from VMs to containers platforms
- Migration to public cloud and need hybrid cloud architecture
- Eliminate scripts and standardize deployment to various environments
- Ensure compliance and security of continuous delivery
- Enable self-service of application on-boarding to a CI/CD platform
- Easily share best practices among the developers
As the worldwide leader in networking and IT technologies, Cisco Systems employs and manages one of the world’s largest and most diverse software development organizations, the scale of which dwarfs that of typical large enterprises. Cisco’s IT organization had goals for transforming their software delivery process. Cisco developer teams were increasingly adopting modern containerized and cloud-native architectures and deploying to Kubernetes and public cloud environments. To support this transformation, Cisco adopted Spinnaker with help from OpsMx. Cisco achieved a large scale today, supporting more than 1000+ applications on the Spinnaker platform.
I am excited to discuss this transformation journey with Anil Anaberumutt, Technical Architect, on DevOps.com webinar on September 22nd. Please make sure to register for the webinar below.
We will discuss Cisco’s challenges before Spinnaker and their evaluation criteria for the new CI/CD tool. We will hear about why they choose Spinnaker and the architecture they choose for production Spinnaker. We will also discuss how Anil and the team went out, deciding the first applications and enabling self-service for their 4000+ developers. Finally, we will talk about the benefits they realized and their future goals.
I hope you can join us and hear about the lessons learned and best practices implemented, and the CD transformation accomplishments.