Four Steps to Secure Your CI/CD Pipelines with Vault
A few essential questions loom over the application managers, and SecOps teams are:
- How to secure sensitive data during the process of deployment?
- How to manage different secrets for different environments?
- How to securely manage the data?
This webinar will discuss how to deploy Kubernetes manifests securely using Spinnaker pipelines and Hashicorp Vault, a secrets management tool designed to control access to sensitive credentials.
Join our webinar to learn how to:
- Manage secrets in Vault, and inject into Kubernetes workloads. (Hint: This works as a sidecar in Kubernetes that pulls in secret and makes it available to the pods.)
- Setup authentication to Kubernetes cluster in Vault and define policy in Vault to grant read-access to secrets to Kubernetes service accounts.
- Use Spinnaker to deploy the same application manifest in different environments but using various Vault secrets.
- Leverage Spinnaker to control the service account in which the pod is running ( without using actual secrets ).
Robert Boule, Head of Solution Engineering OpsMx
Robert Boule is a technology enthusiast with PASSION for technology and making things work along with a knack for helping others understand how things work. He comes with around 19 years of solution engineering experience. He is known for his dynamic & interactive Spinnaker & CI/CD presentations.